How a hat makes you feel is what a hat is all about. ~ Philip Treacy
Hats aren’t for everyone. I’ll admit I didn’t wear hats that often until I started knitting. Now, I love a good hat even ones that aren’t knitted. I especially love knitting hats and wearing my knitted hats. That’s good since 7 out of 16 MM19 projects are hats.
Lettuce Oscar is the project closest to completion. This is supposed to be a slouchy hat, but some how I’ve managed to produce a beanie with no slouch at all even after a soak. The pattern calls for a pom pom. I had intended to add a pom pom back when I thought this would be a slouchy hat. Now I’m leaning towards a no pom pom beanie. I’m going to mull it over this week.
- Fields of Heirloom Veggies – Completed!
- Camaleon Flowers – Completed!
- Perky Little Camaleon – Completed!
- Rugged Washted Headband – Completed!
- Perky II – Completed!
- Camels on the Trail – Completed!
- Cian Nine – Completed!
- Birthday Surprise – Completed!
- Malabrigo Entralac – This will be a bit of a marathon knit. I’m still knitting one square daily and two squares on the weekends. This measures 29 inches so far. I think I have enough yarn to knit 10 entralac rows of each color. That’s the goal.
- Lettuce Oscar – To pom pom or not to pom pom? That is the question.
- Aniversario Rye – Sock one has about 6.75 of the 7.5 inches needed before we start the heel flap. I might just make it to the heel flap this next week.
- Green with Envy – Working on mitt 1 still, but not for much longer. I’m on the second section of ribbing.
- Washted Thermals – These amazing mitts are for me. I’m working on mitt 2. I just put the thumb stitches on waste yarn.
- Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo – This one has progressed to section three. I’m taking advantage of the cooler weather right now. A heavy cowl is not really what one wants to knit on when it’s hot outside.
No new projects to add to the mix this week, but that’s okay. I’m making good progress on the wips I have in rotation right now. I’m optimistic that I’ll have a few more MM19 projects completed by the end of July.
Last week, the British Hubby and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary on July 11. We celebrated with tea and strawberry rhubarb pie a la mode. Yum!
How’s your week going? Hope Monday went okay.