The Dog Days of Summer was named for the most sultry period of summer. In early times, this was observed in countries bordering the Mediterranean. This period ranged from 20 days before to 20 days after the alignment of Sirius (dog star) and the sun. Traditionally, this is July 3rd from August 11th. It seems like the Dog Days are just getting started here in the Pacific Northwest. This has made spending any quality time in my craft room rather difficult. I have managed to start a few Christmas gifts.
These are the patchwork strips for my Patchwork Dish Towels. This pattern is great for using mini charm packs and flour sack dishcloths. I love having seasonal dishcloths in my kitchen. These also make great gifts. I’m attempting to stockpile gifts for all occasions.
Update on other wips:
- Earth & Sky: Word on the street is the new skein is on it’s way. I’m not holding my breath.
- Charity Malt: I’m on row 82 of the stockinette section. Somehow this was still short of 30 inches.
- Portland Bias Scarf: Skein two has 21.57 grams left.
- Frank in Pairs: One stripe done. Woot Woot!
- Dewberry Dancer: I’m on row 24 of 36 in section one. Soon I’ll be ready for the third pearl row.
Here’s a bonus kitty photo. This past week, I was cat sitting for Halo.
It’s toasty out, but I’m getting close to a few more projects finished.