Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure. ~ Bob Bitchin
I’m always a little sad on April 1. Malabrigo March has come to a close. For 31 days straight, I turn off that little voice inside my head nagging me about how many wips I have on the needles. You know that voice, my conscience. Mine goes on vacation every March. That probably explains all the carbs I ate last month. My conscience is back. (Good thing I worked out this morning.) That means I’m going to attempt to curb my carb consumption and actually finish some projects this month. Let’s see how many projects I can finish in April. I would like to say I won’t cast on any new projects, but I already have a new hat, sock and sweater lined up. I am going to declare April wip annihilation month.
- Washted Thermals – My first ever project using the new base. Mitt number one is off the needles.
- Teal Feather Gluhwein – I ran out of yarn! New yarn has arrived. Should finish this one soon.
- Cian Nine – The cables are just starting to show on this pattern.
- Aniversario Rye – no new progress on this one.
- Fields of Heirloom Veggies – My new favorite yarn, Washted in Heirloom Veggies.
- Camaleon Flowers – Can one have too many Washted hats? Field of Wildflowers is one of my favorite hat patterns.
- Captured by Malabrigo March – This is my first time using the colorway Kris. I’ve made enough progress on this one to know it’s not twisted at the join. Big sigh of relief.
- Malabrigo Entralac – Finally got a project page up for this one.
- Lettuce Oscar – This one has an interesting construction. It has short rows in the ribbing before joining it to knit in the round.
- Perky Little Camaleon – Completed! Sadly, it’s too big.
- Birthday Surprise – I made a coworker a Copy Cat C.C. Beanie last year. They requested another hat in a different color. How can I resist?
- Don’t Separate Me From My Malabrigo – I really love the base Caracol. I love the think and thin bits.
- Rugged Washted Headband – I really love the new Malabrigo base Washted. This should be a quick knit once I get past the casting on phase.
- Perky II – The first one turned out too big. Perky II has 38 stitches.
- Green with Envy – With all these new projects, I thought why not get started on my holiday knitting?
- Camels on the Trail – Rios headband and the last cast on for MM19.
I know what you’re thinking. How does this crazy knitter have three projects waiting to cast on when she’s started 16 projects last month? That’s right, 16! I have 1 out of 16 completed. Let’s see what my total is next week.
Even Gracie helped out with winding. Okay, she didn’t stay long. She didn’t understand what all the yarn fuss was about.
Happy Monday everyone.