Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
Day 12 marks the official half way point for my Craftvent kal! Sure, I was supposed to open these on December 12, but look at the value I’m getting out of this? Can I really put a price tag on the enjoyment I’m getting from opening these surprise packages? This is the last package for my crafters self care calendar. I purchased this one on a whim, and now I’m sad to see it finish. Maybe the 2021 version will be 24 days?
Day 12 involved yarn for both calendars. Craftvent was the next contrasting yarns for the transitional sections. I really love how these transition sections knit up and look. It’s a fun way to break-up a sampler type scarf. The self care calendar provided the contrasting yarn for the hat pattern I opened on day 7. Can one go wrong with more yarn?
- Days 1 – 8: I decided to chunk this section into three groups of eight so it doesn’t get too long. Click the link to check out tea or knitting paraphernalia from previous days.
- Day 9:Contrasting yarn for the next transitional lines and fisherman’s rib sections. The crafters self-care calendar included mints in a fun tin, a leather handmade tag and crochet tool for fixing mistakes. I had two more amazing teas. The first was Almond Oolong from Adagio. The second was Vanilla Bean from Lizzy Kate.
- Day 10: Two Churchmouse patterns, two swan snips and one gift card to Apple Yarns. Today I had two luscious teas from Plum Deluxe. Plum Pudding Dessert Tea and Coconut a la Creme Black Tea. Yumm.
- Day 11: Yarn for lace section four and fun bracelet. Apparently, I only drank plum deluxe tea while working on Day 11. I had two lovely caffeine free teas with Custard Apple Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert tea. I’m trying to drink no caffeine after sunset. These were both perfect. The last one was Gratitude Blend Black tea with I think might actually have been a left over from 2019. Either way, I’m thankful for it now.
- Day 12: Yarn and more yarn. I had two lovely teas while knitting up these transitional sections. Chamomile tea by adagio was very soothing for a night time tea when I’m unwinding from being online all day. French Vanilla Black tea from plum deluxe was just the opposite. It was a great pick me up.
Many places are getting blizzard like snow storms over the past week or so. It’s just slightly too warm for the precipitation to arrive as snow at our house. It is dark, cold and wet. Ham and pineapple go well together on my toasted keto bread. Cheese on toast feels like a guilty pleasure. It’s perfect for a late lunch or quick snack.
SkeinHerder’s Songs: Today I’ve mostly been listening to it gently rain. Last week, I managed to grab some footage of it hailing. It’s actually quite peaceful.
Ernie couldn’t be bothered to wake up for this photo shoot. Can you blame him? He’s sleeping on a knitted blanket and scarf.
Take a moment to be contemplative this first day of February.