When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—- to breathe, to think to enjoy, to love. ~ Marcus Aurelius
This weekend seems to be a celebration of surprises so far. Day 13 in craftvent was a surprise day. What’s in package number 13!? The surprise days are a nice break from the knitting days. It also makes me feel like I’m progressing a little quicker since there’s not much effort needed to progress to the next set of packages.
The crafters self-care calendar has now concluded leaving just the craftvent and tea calendars to open. It’s still chilly here in the PNW, and this week promises to be even colder. We’re consuming warm beverages nonstop at the moment. Day 13 provided me with two cranberry colored mesh bags from Della Q. They are the perfect size for containing a small project, notions or scraps of yarn. Currently, I’m using them to house the leftover bits of yarn from the previous days.
- Days 1 – 8: I decided to chunk this section into three groups of eight so it doesn’t get too long. Click the link to check out tea or knitting paraphernalia from previous days.
- Day 9:Contrasting yarn for the next transitional lines and fisherman’s rib sections. The crafters self-care calendar included mints in a fun tin, a leather handmade tag and crochet tool for fixing mistakes. I had two more amazing teas. The first was Almond Oolong from Adagio. The second was Vanilla Bean from Lizzy Kate.
- Day 10: Two Churchmouse patterns, two swan snips and one gift card to Apple Yarns. Today I had two luscious teas from Plum Deluxe. Plum Pudding Dessert Tea and Coconut a la Creme Black Tea. Yumm.
- Day 11: Yarn for lace section four and fun bracelet. Apparently, I only drank plum deluxe tea while working on Day 11. I had two lovely caffeine free teas with Custard Apple Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert tea. I’m trying to drink no caffeine after sunset. These were both perfect. The last one was Gratitude Blend Black tea with I think might actually have been a left over from 2019. Either way, I’m thankful for it now.
- Day 12: Yarn and more yarn. I had two lovely teas while knitting up these transitional sections. Chamomile tea by adagio was very soothing for a night time tea when I’m unwinding from being online all day. French Vanilla Black tea from plum deluxe was just the opposite. It was a great pick me up.
- Day 13:Mesh notion bags from Della Q. Today I had two non caffeinated teas. The first was Strawberry Banana Split from adagio. Green tea isn’t always my first pick for hot teas, but this was delightful. I also enjoyed a Red Rooibos Cinnamon Chai from Plum Deluxe. Both of these would be lovely for unwinding before bedtime, or paired with a keto lemon blueberry donut like below.
SkeinHerder’s Songs: Today I’ve been listening to the wind as a front moves through bringing chilly arctic air.
Today Gracie volunteered to pose with the knitting. She doesn’t look happy, but that’s because bright flashing lights while one is napping isn’t good cat etiquette. She was actually quite happy to have the extra layer of warmth as we snuggled on the couch.
May this find you warm, cozy and with a hot beverage.