“The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” ~ Arthur C. Clarke
This week, we’ve been watching an approaching winter storm develop. I love knitting while I’m layered in various knitting garments to keep warm. That’s good since I have plenty of hats, scarves and mitts to rotate through. And I’m getting closer to having two more completed scarves. Day 14 provided yarn for lace section five. This lace section felt a bit like the last lace section. It’s not exactly identical, but it is similar. This made it slightly less exciting to watch it come to life.
- Days 1 – 8: I decided to chunk this section into three groups of eight so it doesn’t get too long. Click the link to check out tea or knitting paraphernalia from previous days.
- Day 9:Contrasting yarn for the next transitional lines and fisherman’s rib sections. The crafters self-care calendar included mints in a fun tin, a leather handmade tag and crochet tool for fixing mistakes. I had two more amazing teas. The first was Almond Oolong from Adagio. The second was Vanilla Bean from Lizzy Kate.
- Day 10: Two Churchmouse patterns, two swan snips and one gift card to Apple Yarns. Today I had two luscious teas from Plum Deluxe. Plum Pudding Dessert Tea and Coconut a la Creme Black Tea. Yumm.
- Day 11: Yarn for lace section four and fun bracelet. Apparently, I only drank plum deluxe tea while working on Day 11. I had two lovely caffeine free teas with Custard Apple Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert tea. I’m trying to drink no caffeine after sunset. These were both perfect. The last one was Gratitude Blend Black tea with I think might actually have been a left over from 2019. Either way, I’m thankful for it now.
- Day 12: Yarn and more yarn. I had two lovely teas while knitting up these transitional sections. Chamomile tea by adagio was very soothing for a night time tea when I’m unwinding from being online all day. French Vanilla Black tea from plum deluxe was just the opposite. It was a great pick me up.
- Day 13:Mesh notion bags from Della Q. Today I had two non caffeinated teas. The first was Strawberry Banana Split from adagio. Green tea isn’t always my first pick for hot teas, but this was delightful. I also enjoyed a Red Rooibos Cinnamon Chai from Plum Deluxe. Both of these would be lovely for unwinding before bedtime, or paired with a keto lemon blueberry donut like below.
- Day 14:Yarn for lace section five. This was a bit of a slough to get through knitting wise. I drank extra tea to keep me fortified. The first three were from Plum Deluxe with Holiday Party Blend Black, Honey Almond Delight Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert Tea. With it being so cold, I don’t always like to drink caffeine at night even though I’m still consuming copious amounts of tea. Herbal teas hit the spot. The last cup was Chocolate Truffle from Adagio. All four varieties were fantastic!
It’s amazing how a simple act of changing out my mug for a floral tea cup and saucer can elevate tea time. I also underestimated the value of having keto treats with my fancy tea cup and saucer. Afternoon tea is a simple, but luxurious pleasure.
Gracie is helping me model this week.
I leave you with the view out our front stoop this morning. We had a very cold windy night with snow in odd unusual drifts. A few came up to our front door. The first day didn’t actually produce much snow at our house. I know that wasn’t the case further south.
May you find joy and happiness this Valentines day weekend.