Strive not to be of success, but rather to be of value. ~ Albert Einstein
In theory, surprise days should give me a chance to catch up. Yet, I still only seem to get out one craftvent email a week. It looks like my last Craftvent post was 11 days ago, eek! Either the knitting takes longer than I expect or life gets in the way. I often underestimate how long it takes me to accomplish knitting tasks. I’m always hopeful I’ll have more knitting time than I actually get. Unfortunately, the day job often takes up more time and brain power than I expect. One day maybe that will change, but for now that’s just how it goes.
Day 15 was chocolates! Yummy! I’m going to save these for a little sugar boost on my next lace section. Maybe it will help me knit faster? One benefit of taking longer between each post, I get to drink more tea than I normally would be able to consume. This time I managed to finish four!
- Days 1 – 8: I decided to chunk this section into three groups of eight so it doesn’t get too long. Click the link to check out tea or knitting paraphernalia from previous days.
- Day 9:Contrasting yarn for the next transitional lines and fisherman’s rib sections. The crafters self-care calendar included mints in a fun tin, a leather handmade tag and crochet tool for fixing mistakes. I had two more amazing teas. The first was Almond Oolong from Adagio. The second was Vanilla Bean from Lizzy Kate.
- Day 10: Two Churchmouse patterns, two swan snips and one gift card to Apple Yarns. Today I had two luscious teas from Plum Deluxe. Plum Pudding Dessert Tea and Coconut a la Creme Black Tea. Yumm.
- Day 11: Yarn for lace section four and fun bracelet. Apparently, I only drank plum deluxe tea while working on Day 11. I had two lovely caffeine free teas with Custard Apple Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert tea. I’m trying to drink no caffeine after sunset. These were both perfect. The last one was Gratitude Blend Black tea with I think might actually have been a left over from 2019. Either way, I’m thankful for it now.
- Day 12: Yarn and more yarn. I had two lovely teas while knitting up these transitional sections. Chamomile tea by adagio was very soothing for a night time tea when I’m unwinding from being online all day. French Vanilla Black tea from plum deluxe was just the opposite. It was a great pick me up.
- Day 13:Mesh notion bags from Della Q. Today I had two non caffeinated teas. The first was Strawberry Banana Split from adagio. Green tea isn’t always my first pick for hot teas, but this was delightful. I also enjoyed a Red Rooibos Cinnamon Chai from Plum Deluxe. Both of these would be lovely for unwinding before bedtime, or paired with a keto lemon blueberry donut like below.
- Day 14:Yarn for lace section five. This was a bit of a slough to get through knitting wise. I drank extra tea to keep me fortified. The first three were from Plum Deluxe with Holiday Party Blend Black, Honey Almond Delight Herbal and Caramel Snickerdoodle Dessert Tea. With it being so cold, I don’t always like to drink caffeine at night even though I’m still consuming copious amounts of tea. Herbal teas hit the spot. The last cup was Chocolate Truffle from Adagio. All four varieties were fantastic!
- Day 15: Chocolates and four teas from my tea calendars. Two from Adagio teas: Campfire S’mores and Golden Turmeric Chai. Cinnamon Spice from Lizzy Kate and Decaf Black No Obligations tea from Plum Deluxe. I’m trying to learn to love turmeric tea. It has so many health benefits, but it’s just not my favorite. The other three teas were fantastic!
We’re still working our way through the keto Jaffa Cake. It’s amazing with tea!
SkeinHerder’s Songs: Today I’ve mostly been listening to a crackling fire place below. It’s been rather chilly in our house today. I’ve layered on the knitwear and pretending to work by the fire.
Gracie was my model this week. She’s wearing a lovely handknit Craftvent scarf that accents her fluffy fur.
May you always be mindful of the kindness and not the faults in others.