Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” ~ Saint Francis de Sales
Have you ever had one of those days when everything annoys you? And then you start to question what you’re doing with your life? Why aren’t I off on a mountaintop achieving enlightenment? Instead, I’m enjoying a cuppa with a fudgy flax brownie. That’s right, no sugar low carb desserts are back.
Okay, so my tea has a shot of adult butterscotch flavoring for a little extra kick. I thought it was appropriate when our microwave broke. It started with the door sticking. Then the British Hubby used a bit too much force and broke off the handle. Now it’s really broken. My adult tea and fudgy flax brownie is helping me find inner peace. The brownie recipe is a favorite from The Complete Low-Carb Cookbook. I can almost make these from memory. The addition of flax meal makes this a filling brownie. An entire pan will last the British Hubby and I most of the week.
I do have a little bit of exciting news. I’ve started day 17 for Craftvent 2018. With a little luck, I may actually wear this before Spring hits in the PNW. I even have a back up plan in case drawer 24 does not contain a dehydrated kitten. More details on that to come.
Today I reached half way on my tea calendar. I’m really starting to enjoy the green tea.
- Day 1: Organic green tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, pepper & pomegranate
- Day 2: Organic green tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, star anise, nutmeg and black pepper
- Day 3: Organic green tea with cinnamon, peppermint and licorice
- Day 4: Organic black tea with ginger, cloves and star anise
- Day 5: Organic black tea with licorice, cinnamon and cloves
- Day 6: Organic green tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg and pepper
- Day 7: Organic Ceylon black tea
- Day 8: Organic green tea with cinnamon, ginger, peppermint and rose petals
- Day 9: Organic black tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and orange
- Day 10: Organic black tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and apple
- Day 11: Organic black Tea with ginger, rooibos, and cinnamon
- Day 12: Organic peppermint herbal tea & green tea with orange, cinnamon, roasted chicory and vanilla
- Day 13: Organic green tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and pomegranate
Happy mid week!
2 thoughts on “Craftvent: Day 17”
“Whatever gets you through the night, it’s alright, it’s alright.” – John Lennon
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person