You cannot find peace by avoiding life. ~ Virginia Woolf
As I’m sitting here trying to put into words my love for Malabrigo March, my mind started wondering to thoughts about ordering enough yarn for a sweater pattern I bought last week. Sure, I have plenty of projects already, and a few are close to being completed. (We won’t talk about the other wips I left behind this month.) Malabrigo March has always held a special place in my heart. Thus, the items created during the event always mean a little more than other times. I’m sure you can guess what I’m going to do about the sweater.
Only three new projects this week. Here’s the list so far:
- Washted Thermals – My first ever project using the new base. Mitt number one is off the needles.
- Teal Feather Gluhwein – This project is 3/4 of the way finished. Another Godzilla movie or two and it should be completed.
- Cian Nine – The cables are just starting to show on this pattern.
- Aniversario Rye – Rye is one of my favorite sock patterns and Washted is my new favorite base. A perfect match! Not to mention I’m leading a KAL if you want to join in the fun. – Definitely no new progress on this one, but April is for finishing.
- Fields of Heirloom Veggies – My new favorite yarn, Washted in Heirloom Veggies.
- Camaleon Flowers – Can one have too many Washted hats? Field of Wildflowers is one of my favorite hat patterns.
- Captured by Malabrigo March – This is my first time using the colorway Kris. I’ve made enough progress on this one to know it’s not twisted at the join. Big sigh of relief.
- Malabrigo Entralac – Still no project page for this one. I should get there this week.
- Lettuce Oscar – This one has an interesting construction. It has short rows in the ribbing before joining it to knit in the round.
- Perky Little Camaleon – Apparently, I’m on a hat kick this month.
- Birthday Surprise – I made a coworker a Copy Cat C.C. Beanie last year. They requested another hat in a different color. How can I resist?
I’ld like to say I’m almost done casting on, but I think there will be at least three more projects. Or at least those are the ones I know about right now. After all, it is the year of the Tart. I should just cast on with abandonment. (Seriously, I have an entire step not being used yet.)
Last week we had snow, this week the sun has come out and it’s almost too hot. The house needed some fresh air from being shut up all winter. The call of the wild is too much for Burt and Gracie.