To reach your goal, you have to get out of bed.
Today’s quote really sums up so much of life. More than half the battle is just showing up. For some people, just arriving on time is a challenge. If you’ve been following my blog for a bit, you know my challenge is not casting on new projects especially during Malabrigo March. My challenge is to finish all the projects I’ve started. The British Hubby couldn’t believe I was still blogging about Malabrigo March in July. He named today’s post.
Last week, I was really excited to reach 50% complete for my MM19 projects. I was so excited I could sort of make out the blurry finish line if I squint and use binoculars. (Okay, I’m a long way off if I’m honest, but I was still very excited.) There are three new wips in the mix. Green with Envy, Washted Thermals and Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo are the newest MM19 to join my knitting rotation.
- Fields of Heirloom Veggies – Completed!
- Camaleon Flowers – Completed!
- Perky Little Camaleon – Completed!
- Rugged Washted Headband – Completed!
- Perky II – Completed!
- Camels on the Trail – Completed!
- Cian Nine – Completed!
- Birthday Surprise – Completed!
- Malabrigo Entralac – This will be a bit of a marathon knit. I’m still knitting one square daily and two squares on the weekends. This measures 28 inches so far. I’m going to keep on knitting.
- Lettuce Oscar – Waiting for the finishing touches.
- Aniversario Rye – Sock one has about 5.5 of the 7.5 inches needed before we start the heel flap.
- Green with Envy – Working on mitt 1. Have I mentioned I love the new Washted base?
- Washted Thermals – These amazing mitts are for me. I’m working on mitt 2.
- Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo – I’m not sure why I thought I needed a bulky weight cowl. This is at the tail end of section two.
I’m making good progress on my rye sock and entralac project bag. I’m waiting until I’ve bound off the entralac project to pick out the lining fabric. With any luck, it might be this month.
This week, I tried to recreate my favorite breakfast omelette sans the hash-browns. I tried zoodles instead of hash-browns. It was good, but well not quite the same as hash-browns. Does one ever really get over their love affair of hash-browns?
Gracie has slowly started to become more social. We took Gracie in as a stray kitten. She still had blue eyes. She still sleeps under the bed, but now she’s started to sleep on the bed while I’m reading or knitting.