Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too.
After last week’s Blue Monday tribute by New Order, I had a suggestion from a follower for Blue Monday by Fats Domino. (I love suggestions from you dear followers). I was unfamiliar with this song and figured we should all be exposed to some swinging tunes for Monday. Want more info about Fats Domino? Check out his official website. I know I’m a day behind and it’s already Tuesday. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I thought Tuesday could use a theme song too.
Another week has passed. I have gotten some knitting done, but well not that much. Last week, I was fighting off a rather unpleasant head cold. The British Hubby claims I slept all day on Saturday. I did get out of bed, but I didn’t move that far.
- Malabrigo Entralac – No progress on this one this week.
- Aniversario Rye – Sock 2 is on the foot.
- Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo – This one is still hanging out waiting for me to seam it.
- Captured by Malabrigo March – Still working on section 4.
The British Hubby has made an amazing discovery, rebel ice cream. The pints vary in carbs, but the majority are 6 or 7 carbs. That’s right 6 carbs for the entire pint. We tried a variety pack. Oh my! These are pint sized pots of pure heaven. This ice cream is high in fat so it’s filling. A little goes a long way. Cherry chip and black raspberry are two of our favorites.
Stage two of the knitted giveaway is still running. Pick the pattern.
- Rupe – This is a classic cable scarf.
- Bandana Cowl – The pattern calls for bulky, but I would make this a lighter weight.
- Hitchhiker – This a light weight scarf/shawl.
- Captured – This is a light weight cowl. I’m currently making one for a friend.
- Grace Scarf – A lace scarf can be worn year round.
- Beeswax Scarf – This is a geometric scarf.
- Wheat – Another worsted weight scarf.
- Zigzag Wander – A fingering weight scarf.
- Windward – A fingering weight scarf with an interesting construction. It wears a bit more like a shawl.
- Drop Stitch Scarf – Another fun medium weight scarf.
- Shifting Sands – A medium weight cable scarf.
- One by One – This can be done in any weight. I think it would look fantastic with stripes in a variegated skein and solid skein.
- Mountain Pass – This could be a scarf or a cowl.
- Cinnamon Scone – You probably think I picked this one for the name alone. A simple textured cowl.
- Pedestrian Crossing Cowl – This cowl just looks fun.
- Yellow Brick Road – I must be on a button kick. Another fun cowl.
Ernie’s snuggling with his toy. Cute kitty.