By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before. ~ Edwin Elliot
It’s March 30. That means I have less than 48 hours to cast on any last minute Malabrigo March projects! For awhile it was looking like I was going to run out of available needles, but then I discovered a hidden stash. (Okay, it wasn’t hidden. I may have forgotten about it.)
Sorry about the terrible inside photo above, but mother nature had it’s own plans for today that didn’t include an outside photo shoot. So far, I have 19 projects. Two are completed and three relatively close to the finish line. I think quite a few of these will be finished in April. Others may take a little longer, but this could be the year I actually finish all my projects. MM19 came very close.
- Sunspot Squared – Verano in Sunspot. The pattern is Hip 2B Square. DONE!
- Plum Flowers – Verano in Plum. The pattern is Springing Up Flowers. DONE!
- Summertime O’ Love – Verano in Summertime. The pattern is Baby Bib O’Love. The knitting is done on this. I just need to weave in ends and sew on a button. This will be part of a gift set I’m working on for a new mom.
- Malabrigo Delight – I’m using Impatient Pink and Summertime in Verano to make Delightful Dishcloth. I used the two tail method using both yarns to cast on. It made a rather interesting stripe. This is part of a set for a new mom.
- Summertime Burb Cloth – This is the last part of a gift set using Verano in Impatient Pink and Summertime. The pattern is Baby Genius Burb Cloth.
- Cosmic Isabel – Rasta in Cosmos. The pattern is Isabel from Time for Hats! I’m ready to start the crown decreases.
- Mattise Lotus – This is the first hat in a series I’m making for Hats not Hate. I’m using Rios in Mattise Blue or I think that’s the color.
- Azules Ripples – Hat number 2 for Hats not Hate. This is Rios in Azules.
- Cian Fish Food – Hat number 3 for Hats not Hate. This is Rios in Cian.
- Woven Spiderman – The British Hubby didn’t have any cast on’s for him so he’s getting a new hat. The pattern is Jacinta with Mechita in Granada.
- Dear Malabrigo – Washted in Pearl. The pattern is Dear Prudence from the book Scarves Two Ways. This is a fun twist on a ribbing scarf.
- Malabrigo Grace – Susurro in Fucsia. The pattern is Grace Scarf. This yarn is amazing to knit with. I see more of this base in my future.
- Heirloom Squirrels – It wouldn’t be Malabrigo March without a new pair of bed socks. I love Washted. The pattern is Little Squirrel with Washted in Heirloom Vegetables and Archangel. I decided these should have contrasting cuffs and toes.
- Caprino Gardens – The British Hubby always finds interesting books for gifts. Scarves Two Ways has some really unique patterns. The pattern is Hong Kong Gardens. I’m trying out a new Malabrigo base Caprino in Pearl. I think this was my longest cast on ever at 495 stitches!
- Dewberry After Dark – I’ve wanted to knit this robe for over a decade, but could never find just the right yarn. And it wouldn’t be Malabrigo March if I didn’t cast on something in Dewberry. The pattern is After-Dark Robe.
- Alpine Badlands – Worsted in Alpine Pearl. The pattern is Worsted Badlands Mitts. I haven’t made much progress on these.
- Arco Aviatrix – I decided to cast on some gifts for the Fall. This is one of my favorite baby hats. The pattern is Aviatrix Hat in Arroyo color Arco Iris.
- Obsidian Grace – I’m loving the Grace scarf so much, I cast on another one for me.
- Silky Amaranto – Silky Merino in Nocturnal. The pattern is Amaranto Cowl.
I could try to squeeze out a few more projects. For instance I know the aviatrix hat will eventually become a gift set for another new mom, but I haven’t worked out what colors to use. Maybe I’ll save those for April.
It’s been awhile since we had a Monday theme song. Rainy days and Mondays by the Carpenters seemed like a good idea for today.
Hope your week is off to a great start. I might just see if I have time for another cast on or two. Burt and Ernie have the right idea. It’s snuggles time!