What did the hat say to the tie?
“You hang around here…I’ll go on a head.”
Last week, my knitting dilemma was to add a pom pom to Lettuce Oscar. My original plan was for a pom pom on my slouchy hat. Well, the slouchy hat decided it wanted to be a beanie so it’s going sans pom pom. This saddens me only because I didn’t need to watch the pom pom video below. I’ve posted this before, but it’s by far one of my favorite knitting videos. Watch it if you need a good smile. (Who doesn’t need a good chuckle?)
I’ve made good progress this week on the MM19 wips. With the completion of Lettuce Oscar, I have 9 of 16 projects completed. I’m officially over half way to finishing all 16 projects this year. Lettuce Oscar was an interesting knit. The ribbing has short row sections then you join in the round to complete the cable portion. It wasn’t your straightforward cabled hat pattern. There aren’t too many ways to spice up a hat pattern. This one is worth checking out.
- Fields of Heirloom Veggies – Completed!
- Camaleon Flowers – Completed!
- Perky Little Camaleon – Completed!
- Rugged Washted Headband – Completed!
- Perky II – Completed!
- Camels on the Trail – Completed!
- Cian Nine – Completed!
- Birthday Surprise – Completed!
- Lettuce Oscar – Completed!
- Malabrigo Entralac – This will be a bit of a marathon knit. I’m still knitting one square daily and two squares on the weekends. This measures 32.5 inches so far. I think I have enough yarn to knit 10 entralac rows of each color. I’m still working towards that goal.
- Aniversario Rye – I’ve turned the heel on sock 1. It now looks like a sock.
- Green with Envy – Started on mitt number 2.
- Washted Thermals – Working on thumb stitches.
- Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo – I just bound this off the needles, but it requires some finishing touches yet before it’s finished.
I have two more projects left to bring into my knitting rotation. I think I’m going to see how much I can complete in July and bring the last two projects in the mix for August. Exciting stuff!
I tried using only zoodles, but my omelette creation is much better with a combo of zoodles and hash browns. I briefly had The British Hubby convinced that my carb free cooking was improving, but carbs makes everything better without trying.
Burt is fascinated by DIY. He’s here to help!
Hope your week is off to a good start.