Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide that today will be the best day of your life. ~ Ken Poirot
It’s Monday again. I was out sick most of last week from the day job. Going back today was exhausting and not that sleepy kind of exhausting. The exhaustion one feels in your bones. I’m amazed at how much mucus my body is still producing. “Call it Stormy Monday” is today’s theme song. Blues just felt right for today.
I’ve started knitting again. No finished projects yet, but I’m getting closer.
- Malabrigo Entralac – No progress on this one this week.
- Aniversario Rye – Sock 2 is almost ready to start decreases for the toe. I’m trying it on every few rounds.
- Don’t Separate Me from My Malabrigo – This one is still hanging out waiting for me to seam it.
- Captured by Malabrigo March – Still working on section 4, but I might just get to 4 inches this week.
We’ve had great success with keto brownies. One batch was flavored with orange extract and another with coconut extract. Both were fantastic. The plain wasn’t bad either. We preferred the coconut flavoring best. This week, we’re trying banana caramel tea cake. It called for muffins, but the British Hubby couldn’t be bothered to measure out for muffins.
Still time to vote on the next knitted item. This weekend I hope to add some yarn and color options.
- Beeswax Scarf – This is a geometric scarf.
- Wheat – Another worsted weight scarf.
- Zigzag Wander – A fingering weight scarf.
- Windward – A fingering weight scarf with an interesting construction. It wears a bit more like a shawl.
- Drop Stitch Scarf – Another fun medium weight scarf.
- Shifting Sands – A medium weight cable scarf.
- One by One – This can be done in any weight. I think it would look fantastic with stripes in a variegated skein and solid skein.
- Mountain Pass – This could be a scarf or a cowl.
- Cinnamon Scone – You probably think I picked this one for the name alone. A simple textured cowl.
- Pedestrian Crossing Cowl – This cowl just looks fun.
- Yellow Brick Road – I must be on a button kick. Another fun cowl.
- Rupe – This is a classic cable scarf.
- Bandana Cowl – The pattern calls for bulky, but I would make this a lighter weight.
- Grace Scarf – A lace scarf can be worn year round.
- Hitchhiker – This a light weight scarf/shawl.
- Captured – This is a light weight cowl. I’m currently making one for a friend.
Hope your week is off to a great start. I’m off to snuggle with my three favorite kitties while the British Hubby and I watch a monster movie for Monster Mayhem 2019.