There is magic in the night when the pumpkins glow by moonlight.
It’s been awhile dear followers. This cold has zapped my creativity and my energy. It’s not been great for my knitting either, but I have enjoyed Monster Mayhem 2019. This Friday we took a slightly different approach with our movie pick. The original Back to the Future could loosely be called a Halloween movie. Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch, but it definitely has a cult movie following.
- Ghostbusters (1984) – the first movie to ever frighten me.
- Cat People – this is one of our favorite movies.
- Twilight Zone – this is always a classic show for October.
- Ghost Ship – this was spooky with a mute as a narrator.
- I walked with a Zombie – the title speaks for it’s self.
- Supernatural – Last year, we started watching this at Halloween time to discover this TV show is still going. It’s on season 15! We just started viewing season 8.
- The Leopard Man – I think this might be the original slasher film.
- The Seventh Victim – It’s hard to imagine that satanic cults were around in the 1940’s. It just goes to show humanities struggle with good and evil goes back to the beginning of time.
- The Curse of the Cat People – This curse can grab you from the grave and beyond!
- Isle of the Dead – Is it the war, is it the plague or is it just plain evil?
- The Body Snatcher – This one was a bit of a slow burn with most of the action happening in the last 15 minutes.
- Murder! – Have you ever been on a jury and thought you made the wrong decision?
- Bedlam – Any movie that features an insane asylum is going to be scary.
- The Beast with Five Fingers – Avoid corpses that can cut off their own limbs. The limbs may have a mind of their own.
- The Wolf Man – The way you walk is thorny. This is one of our favorite Halloween movies.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! – Another Halloween classic.
- Frankenstein Meets Wolf Man – Frankenstein, wolf man, a village festival and gypsies make a perfect cast for destruction and mayhem.
- Back to the Future –
- The Skin Game – I’m not sure I can classify this as a Halloween movie. It’s more of a suspenseful drama with a story that comes full circle.
The British Hubby and I often watch The Criterion Channel on Saturday nights. In honor of Halloween month, they have a Val Lewton and Alfred Hitchcock specials. As you can see above, we’ve been working our way through these spooky and thought provoking movies.
We’ve had a chance to try several different brands and flavors of cauliflower pizza. Quest cheese has become our favorite. We can add our own toppings and it tastes the most like actual pizza especially when paired with blood orange cider. Yum!
I’ve narrowed down the options for the knitted give away. Here are your final choices. Soon there will be yarn and color options.
- Beeswax Scarf – This is a geometric scarf.
- Drop Stitch Scarf – Another fun medium weight scarf.
- One by One – This can be done in any weight. I think it would look fantastic with stripes in a variegated skein and solid skein.
- Pedestrian Crossing Cowl – This cowl just looks fun.
- Hitchhiker – This a light weight scarf/shawl.
Gracie has kept a safe distance from all the monster mania. How’s your October going?