There is some good in the world and it’s worth fighting for. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien Two Towers
Remember my book challenge for 2019? My goal was to read 20 books last year. I came so close with 19 in total. It’s looking like my vacations this year could be house bound so I decided to up this year’s goal to 25. According to GoodReads, I’m already 5 books behind! Eek. Foolishly, I took most of my unread and overdue books back to the library right before they closed, but I think we have enough unread books in the house for the next several months.
Here’s the books of 2019 in no particular order:
- A Winter Kill
- Rusty Nail
- Three Women
- A History of the World in 6 Glasses
- Something Read, Something Dead
- The Alchemist
- The Coddling of an American Mind
- The Giver
- A Scandal in Scarlet
- The Spook in the Stacks
- The Boat Runner
- Alice Isn’t Dead
- The Glass Bead Game
- Bloody Mary
- Body on Baker’s Street
- The Cat of the Baskervilles
I would probably get more reading done if I didn’t keep casting on new projects, but isn’t that why they made audio books? This brings my total to 14 projects for MM20. It does feel a bit like I’m cheating with dishcloths, but I had to try out the new cotton base, right?
- Malabrigo Delight – I’m using Impatient Pink and Summertime in Verano to make Delightful Dishcloth. I used the two tail method using both yarns to cast on. It made a rather interesting stripe. This is part of a set for a new mom.
- Woven Spiderman – The British Hubby didn’t have any cast on’s for him so he’s getting a new hat. The pattern is Jacinta with Mechita in Granada.
- Dewberry After Dark – I’ve wanted to knit this robe for over a decade, but could never find just the right yarn. And it wouldn’t be Malabrigo March if I didn’t cast on something in Dewberry. The pattern is After-Dark Robe.
What are you reading or listening to?