Success is a journey, not a destination.
Wow, March was a wild month! I’m not sure what April has in store, but I wouldn’t be that surprised if it involved zombies, aliens, velociraptors or Godzilla. I may have gone a little wild with 22 new projects in March. Go big or go home, right? That wasn’t my intent when March started. When cast-on fever hits, sometimes one just has to go with it. I have 328 days and 8 hours to see how many I can finish before Malabrigo March 2021.
I’ve been thinking about how to format my weekly updates on 22 projects. Last year, my weekly recaps helped motivate me to keep knitting on these projects when I would normally lose steam. I think I’m going to focus on my top ten projects. As one is completed, I’ll add a new one into the rotation until there are only 10 left. Then I’ll decide if I want to bring in an older Malabrigo March project, add in a non-Malabrigo project or cast on something new. (I know which one gets my vote already!) Here’s this week’s top 10 MM20 projects I’ll be working on.
- Malabrigo Rising – This was the last cast on for MM20. It as #22! The pattern is Alien Rising in Verano Lime.
- Raining Harlequins – I couldn’t resist this color. It’s Verano in Rain. It seems rather fitting for the PNW. The pattern is Harlequin.
- Lemon Wedge Grid – This yarn is so cheerful. I’ve cast on several patterns from Mason-Dixon Knitting. It’s been fun to look at pattern books I already own. The yarn is Verano in Lemon Wedge. The pattern is Moss Grid Hand Towel.
- Malabrigo Grace – Susurro in Fucsia. The pattern is Grace Scarf. I’m four repeats in out of 15.
- Heirloom Squirrels – It wouldn’t be Malabrigo March without a new pair of bed socks. I love Washted. The pattern is Little Squirrel with Washted in Heirloom Vegetables and Archangel. I’m onto the leg of sock 1. I really love the contrast on these.
- Summertime Burb Cloth – This is the last part of a gift set using Verano in Impatient Pink and Summertime. The pattern is Baby Genius Burb Cloth.
- Arco Aviatrix – I decided to cast on some gifts for the Fall. This is one of my favorite baby hats. The pattern is Aviatrix Hat in Arroyo color Arco Iris.
- Dear Malabrigo – Washted in Pearl. The pattern is Dear Prudence from the book Scarves Two Ways. This is a fun twist on a ribbing scarf. I have three pattern repeats completed so far.
- Mattise Lotus – This is the first hat in a series I’m making for Hats not Hate. I’m using Rios in Mattise Blue or I think that’s the color.
- Dewberry After Dark – I’ve wanted to knit this robe for over a decade, but could never find just the right yarn. And it wouldn’t be Malabrigo March if I didn’t cast on something in Dewberry. The pattern is After-Dark Robe. I’m still working on the seed stitch border for the back.
It was hard to pick just 10, but I think I have a good mix of long term projects and quicker knits. I’m excited to report two projects are completed already! Just 20 more to go. Let’s see how much progress I make this week.
I made the British Hubby a veggie omelette this morning. My main goal was to not waste any produce. It had a little mushroom, onion, asparagus and zucchini. Yum! Just because we’re sheltering in place doesn’t mean we can’t eat terrific food.